Powering Horizontal Scalability
HAIKU is a deployable smart contract runtime that supports rapid off-chain state transition and data transfer protocols.
Providing a client and server side packaging suite, CAPSULE enables and secures off chain storage, thus allowing a vast reduction in operating costs and increase in speed solutions.
A handshake verification smart contract that ensures technical compliance while providing an autonomous proof and validation for the participants in the system.
Seamless Integration Into Existing Tech Stacks
Because most blockchain solutions operate in veritable “walled gardens,” where the benefits of a blockchain are only accessible by using proprietary DApps, there is currently a huge burden placed on businesses to change customer's behavior if they want to unlock the potential of this technology.
Unification is different. Rather than forcing enterprises to redevelop their tech stack, our proprietary technology helps businesses adopt Distributed Ledger Technology into their existing frameworks.
Enabling A Full-Cycle Revolution
Unified Enterprise Solutions
Fair Market Value Transfer
Generalized State Channels
State Channels For Enterprise Connectivity
The secret to offering a secure layer on top of traditional technologies lies in HAIKU, Unification’s distributed database. HAIKU seamlessly links together websites, apps, and DApps inside a singular, unified protocol, creating Unified Apps (UApps).
Rather than having each technology be an island unto itself, HAIKU allows each user’s data to be stored within a CAPSULE on a UApp’s server, which the users themselves maintain and can lend a temporary key to access the data to an app, company, researcher, or any other data purchaser.
Unification's Partners Benefit From Unified Data
HealthTech with SmartMat
SmartMat is an interactive yoga mat that reads the user’s position, form and other key fitness metrics. It records these values, forms a fitness profile of the user and makes predictive corrections to help the user improve their yoga and fitness practice.
Unification interacts with SmartMat and other health enterprises (both hardware/App and App only) through the following value adds:
- SmartMat integrates CAPSULE into its existing techstack
- Health and fitness data is transported into a standardized format and each end user is assigned a Unified Verifiable Credentials Identification (UVCID) which is cross compatible throughout the whole Unification ecosystem
- The data availability is hashed in MOTHER and announced in BABEL
- The data is automatically analyzed for useful combinations with other existing sources via our machine-learnable algorithm
- As any viable data partnerships appear, they are proposed to SmartMat (the enterprise) and its end users. The value of aggregated data sales/partnerships in anticipated to be an average of 5X of siloed data sales.
- This also allows the end user’s data to combine and interact with other fitness & health platforms to allow the user a unified view of their activities & profile
- End users make their fitness profile available to other data consumers who help them monetize (via advertising, reward systems with other partners based on activities), improve product experience (such as combining with other generic/medical information for a holistic profile analysis), or lower costs (for example, providing fitness information to insurance providers)
Services & Hospitality with CoinSparrow
CoinSparrow is a crypto-concierge marketplace that allows people to conveniently access a wide range of product and service providers (Sparrows) on demand, and pay with Ethereum safely through escrow-based smart contracts.
Unification interacts with CoinSparrow and other similar service provider applications through the following value adds:
- CoinSparrow integrates CAPSULE into its existing techstack
- CoinSparrow users are assigned a Unified Verifiable Credentials Identification (UVCID) which is cross compatible throughout the whole Unification ecosystem. (If a user has been assigned a UVCID through a previous application but hasn't’ claimed their ID, Unification’s Machine-Learnable (ML) algorithm will automatically match/sync their existing accounts.)
- Given the additional layers of KYC/AML built into UVCID, Coinsparrow increases escrow rates once they claim and setup up their Unification accounts with minimal risk exposure as an enterprise or to it’s members
- CoinSparrow increases it’s crypto payment offerings beyond Ethereum through new currencies offered by Unification’s payment gateway
- CoinSparrow uses Unification’s data standardization to better match existing members with offers in it's system
Example: Using Unification’s ML system CoinSparrow gains insights into the fact that their users who have purchased a plane ticket have expressed interest for entertainment but have not made a purchase
- CoinSparrow uses the BABEL network to lower customer acquisition costs by exposure (paid and organic) to new members who have affinity for services offered in the platform
Given the complementary nature of hospitality businesses and the amount of redundant inventory that is the norm in that industry, it’s possible for these businesses to build internal data transfers whereby remnant inventory of the hospitality industry is offered across partners to end users with the right assumed intent, determined by itinerary, GPS locations, and financial information. In this instance, user affiliations or interests (declared or assumed) based on the user’s profiles are incorporated to build the best offer for both them and businesses.
For Example: a golf course that has a cancelation or open inventory offers the excess inventory of a particular tee time. The golf course will initially offer that inventory to its internal customer base, but by building a larger exchange via a state channel with other hotels, airlines, car rentals agencies, etc, they also extend that offer to other users outside their immediate customer list who have previously registered interest or activity about golf, or who may display a higher spending pattern.
Social Networking with Blabber
Blabber is the world's first tokenized and location-based social platform that lets user’s monetize their content and personal data.
Unification interacts with Blabber and other similar social enterprises through the following value adds:
- Blabber builds on top of Unification’s Unified Verifiable Credentials Identification (UVCID) system which is cross compatible throughout the whole Unification ecosystem and eliminates the need to develop a user system while providing additional layers of KYC/AML built into UVCID
- Blabber has instant access to all users across the Unification’s platforms who have claimed their UVCID, enabling fast and cost-efficient user acquisition through exposure in BABEL and with BABEL partners
- Blabber uses AMLSC to find best matches of content reward among partners
- Blabber allows users to manage their permissions control through BABEL, making it easy to share and control data with partners that bring the highest value to the enterprise and matter most to the end users
- Unification’s matching algorithms help the enterprise & end users find useful content through BABEL (Blabber also puts out larger requests for users to share content on BABEL)
- Unification’s network helps find larger sets of people in local communities which are essential to Blabbler’s expansion plans
- Blabbler uses Unification’s payment gateway to further empower their users to interact with their planned content and ad reward system using multiple cryptocurrencies
FoodTech with HintChain
HintChain is a decentralized platform that utilizes blockchain technology to provide food profiles, a set of personal food data, which is stored with in their current network of over 10.5 million users. They compensate contributors who build food profiles in their community with relevant rewards.
Unification interacts with HintChain and other FoodTech Enterprises through the following value adds:
- HintChain integrates CAPSULE into its existing techstack
- HintChain users are assigned a Unified Verifiable Credentials Identification (UVCID) which is cross compatible throughout the whole Unification ecosystem. (If a user has been assigned a UVCID through a previous application but hasn't claimed their ID, Unification’s ML algorithm will automatically match/sync their existing accounts.)
- Given additional layers of information available on its users (medical, activity, GPS, habits, etc), HintChain has immediately increased the data available on it’s user profile via the other data attached to the user’s UVCID
- In cases where there are specific layers of data missing for specific engagements, HintChain queries BABEL/MOTHER for availability of that data or puts out their own custom request to gather it
- HintChain uses HAIKU standardization info combined with internal data to better server info (medical data, GPS data)
- HintChain uses Unification’s platform to establish state channels with other food partners
- BABEL tracks HintChain and matches with other partners who would offer beneficial details to their users
- BABEL matches HintChain users with other partners looking for users consuming ingredients tracked by HintChain
A Unified Command Center For Impactful Data Management And Permission
BABEL is Unification mobile and desktop dashboard for the end consumer. It is designed to act as a wallet, identity center, and data clearinghouse where individual users can visualize and manage the permissioned flow of their data.
360 Degree Token Economy
By bringing end users, apps, websites, and data purchasers together on the Unification protocol, user data can be managed, permissioned, bought and sold more safely, accurately, and inexpensively than ever before.
Unification is the Future of Blockchain
We’re bridging the gap between today’s technology and tomorrow’s innovation.
Smooth, invisible transitions to bring consumers onto blockchain.
Easily add a blockchain layer to existing apps without having to rebuild from scratch.
Cryptocurrency payment options that work with existing payment gateways.
A singular, unified digital identity stored on a secure database.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Unification?
Unification is a blockchain-based protocol, utilizing off-chain apps and on-chain Smart Contracts to create a transparent and standardized data marketplace and user sovereign identity center. Bringing users, apps, research institutions, and advertisers together in an open and free marketplace benefits everyone.
Users manage their data permissions and can be paid for sharing access. Small companies can readily buy and sell data in an open marketplace. Advertisers can cross-reference information for better data points, and research institutions can access large amounts of previously unavailable data.
Why does Unification need the blockchain?
The blockchain provides an immutable mechanism of access, encryption, transparency, and the ability for users to grant or revoke access to data as it is shared between parties.
How does Unification benefit the end user?
Unification is designed for mass adoption by end users. End users meaning - our parents and neighbors, not “cryptocurrency early adopters.” Unification provides them with data sovereignty and self-sovereign identity, allowing users unilateral control over their own data. This allows them a view into all data collected and gives them the levers and faucets enforced by code to control the flow of this data - and receive monetary compensation.
By encrypting stored data and putting the access permissions on a blockchain, there is no central point of vulnerability, all actors involved have a transparent and immutable record, and the user remains in control at all times. All this happens with the apps and websites they already use.
How does Unification benefit apps and websites?
Existing apps and websites benefit from access to a robust data marketplace, user integration, experience, and compliance with changing privacy laws. With the recent European Union laws on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), many companies are updating their policies and practices. Additionally, users are demanding more transparency and ethical use of their data. Unification solves both of these problems, creating an honest and open user experience that benefits everyone.
By joining the Unification platform, apps and websites can sell the data they’ve curated directly to research firms and advertisers, cutting out middle-men and better monetizing user data. This greatly benefits smaller companies that do not have access to the closed markets and personal business deals currently used by industry giants. Additionally, data curators can easily become data purchasers on the same market, allowing them to expand their user base.
How does Unification benefit data purchasers such as research institutions and advertisers?
Data purchasers have access to data sets previously unavailable, all in a unified and streamlined marketplace and for a fraction of current costs. For research firms, this allows cross-referenced information on a grand scale. This allows Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI) firms the data required for industry advancement, as well as specific data points that humans simply cannot think to look for. For advertisers, the data marketplace is an ethical window into user preferences. With tailored and robust data sets, advertisers can purchase only the data they need directly from UApps or users.
What is the difference between a DApp and an App?
The word DApp gets applied to many different things. The true definition is that a DApp is something that persistently exists “on the blockchain” without ever having a home to call. This means all of its code base is distributed. For the sake of understanding, we could say that Ethereum itself is a DApp and a Smart Contract is a DApp, but technically nothing else is. Unification is simplifying this, making what we call a UApp.
What is a UApp?
This is a term coined by Unification, a Unified App, where the user-controlled permission to access the data is encrypted and distributed on the blockchain. The app or website itself operates as it always has, simply introducing CAPSULE for data access, categorization, encryption, and interoperability.
What is BABEL?
BABEL is a central interface for users to manage their digital identity. Actualized as a mobile and desktop app, it is designed to act as a wallet, identity center, and data clearinghouse where individual users can visualize and manage the permissioned flow of their data. Users can receive notifications of requests to purchase their data, and be paid in UND tokens. Users can also find more Unified Apps (UApps) to enrich their internet services, protect their identity, and earn more UNDs.
Can Unification be used with other chains like Ethereum?
Because a UApp only requires access permissions to be distributed on the blockchain, any App, DApp, or Software as a Service (SaaS) website can integrate easily with the Unification ecosystem. For instance, one of our incubator UApps is CoinSparrow. CoinSparrow's core function is a Smart Contract that provides escrow services and dispute resolution for peer-to-peer transactions on the Ethereum network. This links into Unification by using the sovereign identity system provided by BABEL, so that users on CoinSparrow can have a shared identity with other UApps on the Unification ecosystem, however they choose to set permissions.
Will apps have to rewrite their entire databases to join Unification?
No, absolutely not - The purpose of Unification is to make the transition onto blockchain for apps and consumers as frictionless as possible. An app or website keeps their existing database structure and calls to a HAIKU Smart Contract, which a sort of "catch mechanism" that routes and encrypts the data in their current storage. The user has the permissions to open or close this data faucet at any time within their BABEL interface.
Can UApps be built from scratch on Unification?
Yes, absolutely! BABEL, the core wallet and data marketplace of Unification, is built from the ground up along with numerous other ongoing developments. The non-blockchain components are being developed in various native coding languages and the blockchain aspect is developed in C++, allowing easy integration of any existing or new project.
How are HAIKUs written?
A HAIKU can be considered a "spider-web-like series of smart contracts" and is written in C++. Like the namesake, a HAIKU is generally designed as simple as possible with a core reusable module. This base module is modified to allow for varied Input/Output and categorization depending on the current database structure of an app or website.
What is the utility of the UND token?
The United Network Distribution token (UND) is used as a transaction mechanism between UApps, as well as UApps and users. The HAIKU Smart Contracts can be programmed in a way that UNDs are exchanged on a fixed or dynamic rate between entities in exchange for opening and closing of data faucets, or an ongoing payment based on time or data shared. End users can also use UNDs to purchase services or goods from UApps within the Unification ecosystem. More details on the UND token can be found in the token section of our whitepaper.
Do UApps have to use the UND currency?
No, we think this is a very important point to define and stand behind. We think most current "consumer plays" in the blockchain space are likely to fail because they are creating friction of adoption and forcing users by dictating what payment channels they use. Unification understands that the benefit to both the end consumer and websites or apps on the blockchain is immutable sovereign data control, not asking them to use a specific currency. Because of this, UApps can keep their current platforms and collect payments in whatever form they prefer, for example Paypal, Credit Card, ApplePay, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, or UND tokens.
How are the funds being used?
Development Headquarters based in Singapore – Our team of developers and transition experts are working around the clock at the Unification Foundation building our mainnet, testing our HAIKU Smart Contract system, and running day to day intricacies.
App Outreach Office based in the North American West Coast – Our outreach team runs an on-the-ground outbound sales education force to reach out to existing apps, websites, and SaaS companies with existing user bases and transitioning them to UApps.
How can I support the Unification Community?
There are many ways to support including development, integrating your app or SaaS with Unification, content generation, app awareness or community outreach. If you want to get in touch with our core team to see how you can be a part of the movement, please email us at [email protected]